Updated: March 28, 2019
The Magic Lantern (Rue des Terreaux 7, CH-2000 Neuchâtel) is responsible for the processing of personal data provided on the website www.cinemalessons.org
The Magic Lantern is aware that the security of personal data is important. It is committed to the protection and secure storage of your personal data. So that you feel safe using our website, we explain here the data we collect and how we use it.
Personal data that you provide to The Magic Lantern when you use this website is treated in accordance with the Swiss law of data protection (LPD) and other legal provisions.
The Magic Lantern reserves the right to adapt from time to time these legal notices. We therefore ask you to refer to it regularly. The update date is at the top of this page.
Confidentiality Charter of The Magic Lantern
The Magic Lantern is committed to respecting the following principles:
- Relevance: knowledge of users' expectations is essential for the constant improvement of the quality of our content. That's why we process personal data.
- Transparency: Data protection is a top priority for us. This is why we inform our users of the purpose of the treatment. If necessary, we ask for the consent of the users.
- Security: Data protection is a top priority for us. We take all the necessary technical and organizational measures in this regard. We never sell the data.
- Freedom of choice: users have the opportunity to view some of the audiovisual content of this website without indicating their personal data.
Processing of personal data
The Magic Lantern considers it important for its users to know what kind of personal data is collected and processed, when and for what purposes.
What is personal data?
Personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. In the case of The Magic Lantern, only the data necessary for the operation of this website are collected, namely: name(s), first name(s), email address and date of birth.
Part of the audiovisual content of the site is accessible without providing personal data. However, you will be asked to provide personal data as part of the creation of a user account to access the entire website, during subscription to our newsletter or content sharing.
As a result, personal data is processed not systematically, but only under certain conditions and for certain purposes.
Which personal information we collect?
In connection with the making available of this website, La Lantern Magic or third parties collect your personal data as follows:
- Website: processing of personal data via log files, cookies, analysis tools, contact forms and plugins of other providers.
- Information about you when you open a user account:name (s), first name (s), email address, date of birth
- User Generated Content: processing of personal data as part of the uploading and sharing of contents of user generated content.
- Newsletters:processing of personal data based on your consent given when subscribing to a newsletter.
- Contact Forms:processing of personal data collected via a contact form intended to send suggestions or questions relating to our website.
- Technical informations: including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer used for the Internet connection, or login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions , the operating system and the platform.
- Information about your visit to our website: including Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) to, through and from our website (including date and time), pages you have viewed, page response time, download errors , duration of visits to specific pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse movements), and methods used to exit the page
For what purposes are personal data processed?
- Make this website available to users
- Data security and website optimization (eg. audience analysis)
- Sending newsletters by email
- Organization of activities
- Data security of users of this website
On which legal basis does The Magic Lantern process personal data?
nsofar as we ask for your consent regarding the processing of personal data, this consent serves as a legal basis. This is the case, for example, for newsletters, the creation of a user account, as well as the interactive activities and sharing of the content that you have generated.
We also process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, including the provision and optimization of our website.
Insofar as the processing of personal data is a legal obligation, the latter is the legal basis. These include, for example, obligations relating to the transmission of personal data to third parties, the length of storage or the retention period.
Transmission of personal data to third parties
Is personal data transmitted to third parties?
We do not market the personal information collected. In principle, we only send your personal data to third parties if we have your consent or if there is a legitimate interest on our part.
In addition, we may transmit data to third parties if we are required to do so by law or by an enforceable administrative or judicial decision.
If you do not wish to have your personal information shared with third parties, you may object to it at the time of collection or at any time thereafter, as mentioned in the "User Rights" section.
Duration of the conversation
How long does The Magic Lantern keep personal data?
We keep your data as long as necessary to ensure the sustainability of this website and related services or because of our legitimate interest in storing such data. In all other cases, we delete your personal data, except those that we must keep in accordance with our legal obligations (eg obligation to keep).
What are your rights as a person concerned?
- Right to information: the user has the right to ask the data controller which personal data concerning him/her is processed and whether these data are transmitted in a third country.
- Right of rectification: the user has the right to ask the data controller for the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data concerning him.
- Right of cancellation:the user has the right to ask the data controller to delete without delay the personal data concerning him if they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed and that no legal provision prohibits their deletion.
- Right to limit treatment: the user has the right to ask the manager to limit the processing of his data.
- Right to withdrawal of consent: the user has the right to revoke at any time his consent regarding the processing of his personal data for one or more specific purposes, if this treatment is based on his explicit consent. In spite of this revocation, the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent until such revocation is not called into question.
- Right of opposition: the user has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning him, if said treatment is based on a legitimate interest of the controller or a third party or is carried out for prospecting purposes.
How can you exercise your rights?
To exercise your rights, please contact:email@example.com
Property of The Magic Lantern: the contents of La Lanterne Magique's websites are protected by copyright. They can not be modified, transmitted, diffused, saved, copied or republished without the authorization of The Magic Lantern. The use of materials made available is exclusively authorized for non-commercial purposes; In particular, the video players of La Lanterne Magique can not be modified and can only be incorporated into an environment without advertising.
Rights of use of The Magic Lantern contents: for all software and content, as well as for data specifically offered for download, The Magic Lantern grants the user a simple non-exclusive and non-transferable license entitling to a single download and backup. All other rights pertaining thereto remain reserved. Sale and any commercial exploitation are prohibited.
User generated content: the user who uploads content on this website grants La Lanterne Magique a right to use these contents, without temporal, geographical or material restrictions. The content may also be incorporated as a link to third party sites and read on those sites, or accessible for download on third party sites for viewing. Even if the content is not published, the user approves such a promotion.
The user guarantees that he has all the rights to broadcast the content. In this context, the user releases The Magic Lantern of all remedies, disputes, claims for damages and other actions or claims that third parties could bring or assert concerning the distribution of his videos, audio documents and images.
Release of third party claims
The user releases The Magic Lantern from any claims that third parties might make as a result of the use of user-generated content. All costs and expenses, including claims for damages entered into force and claimed at The Magic Lantern, are the responsibility of the user.
To the extent permitted by law, The Magic Lantern is not responsible for the data and information published on its website, nor for the damages that may result. This rule applies to all types of damage, especially those related to errors, delays or disruption of broadcast, infrastructure disruption, inaccurate content, loss or deletion of data, viruses or any other damage of the same nature related to the use of La Lanterne Magique's Internet platforms.
The Magic Lantern can create links to third party sites for informational purposes. In this case, it can not be held responsible for the content, accuracy, legality and functionality of the sites of third parties to which its Internet platforms return via links or tools. The user accesses these pages at his own risk.
The Magic Lantern guarantees neither uninterrupted access to its websites nor a flawless quality of access, especially in the event of a breakdown of communication networks or portals. The Magic Lantern can not guarantee the irreproachable and uninterrupted functioning of its Internet platforms nor the absence of any errors to correct.
Our website has content for children and teenagers. We do not process so-called "sensitive" data (section 3 LPD). Also, we consider that the minor users have obtained the consent of a legal representative before the opening of an account. The Magic Lantern declines all responsibility in case of registration and sharing of data without the prior consent of the legal representative.
The personal information we collect is kept in a secure environment. People working for us are required to respect the confidentiality of your information. To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following measures:
- SSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Access Management - Authorized Person
- Access management - Concerned Person
- Network monitoring software
- Digital certificate development
- Login / Password
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. However, since no mechanism provides absolute security, some risk is always present when the Internet is used to transmit personal information.
If you would like information about data protection, if you have any suggestions or would like to contact us, here are our contact details:
The Magic Lantern
Rue des Terreaux 7
+41 32 723 77 00